Grinding a tail off a shank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seilenos

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_4997.jpeg
    IMG_4997.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 11
You would be better off doing it on a lathe, you don't want the grind marks to hold bacteria. If the outside of the face has a good sealing surface it should work, Don't let anything tear up that sealing surface though.

I converted my entire brewery cold-side (beer, gas, and keg purging lines) over to EVABarrier tubing late in 2019 and along the way I cut the barbs off my six chromed brass shanks, using Dremel fiber cut-off disks. Cleaned the result up before slapping DMfit PTC fittings on them and have enjoyed the ease of use ever since...

tower_mods_05.jpg

tower_mods_10sm.jpg

Stainless will be tougher but I have no doubt the fiber discs will do the job...

Cheers!

I just stumbled upon this. I do have access to a drill press might even have a good countersink bit.

Cut off the tail close to the back of the shank then use a drill press and countersink bit to give a nice clean cut.

Back