Greetsworth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriggity

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I just signed up. I'm a relatively new brewer with 4 extract brews under my gut... er belt.

I did a traditional belgian wit first using cardamon, orange peal and coriander with Saaz hops. Steeped with flaked wheat and 2 row. Came out most tastey, but more like a smooth sipping ice tea than a real beer (still had booze tho).

Then I recycled the Whitelabs WitII yeast for a Honey wheat/wit (2 lbs orange blossom honey). Fuggles hops.... It was strong and not unpleasant.

The last recycler round of the WitII was a mutant recipe I dreamt up called Dunkel-Wit. I used 3 lbs dark DME and 3 lbs Wheat extract. Special B steeping grains.
I used Northern Brewer for bittering and E Kent Goldings for aroma. It is tart and worthy. Had a strong Banana ester scent to it throughout fermentation but came out tasting fine.

My latest creation is a Special bitter using Dry English Ale. I am really going for hope aroma with an accent on floral not spicey profile. I used 6 lb Liq light extract, 3 lbs amber DME. Targer hops for bittering, Challenger for aroma, and plan on putting 2 oz Yakima Goldings Leaf hops into the secondary for dry hop. The smells coming out of the airlock during primary are making me salivate.

If anyone has any good Extract or partial mash recipes that I can use the London Dry Yeast for next , I'm taking suggestion. Id like to try an Old Ale or anything else on the strong side with this highly attentuating yeast.

Please to meet you

Eriggity:drunk:

Well, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you already have a really good idea of what you're doing.

Check out the Recipes / Ingredients forum. If you ask for suggestions there, you'll surely get some.

Latest posts

Back