Greets from the Great White North!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilliBChrist

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What Ho! Semi-Newbie brewer here, hailing from Calgary, Alberta Canada.

I primarly specialize in Mead and the various derivitives (Melomel, etc). I'm 25 and I've been dabbling with homebrewing for about 2 years.

I've been haunting this forum on and off since late March to Early April, when I stumbled upon the 'HowTo: Capture Wild Yeast' sticky in the Lambic Wild Brewing section, as I was eager for a 'new twist' on my mead. Up until now I've been using champagne yeast and raw honey I get from the local organic produce market, to make a 'still mead' (non-carbonated)

Since I joined this forum, I've learned hundreds of new things, like being able to reuse yeast cakes (testing that now), Carbonating Mead (wow! I like it so much, I'm doing it that way from now on!) and collecting my own wild yeast (I've got a test batch going and I'm eager to see how it turns out).

But since I've found so much useful information here, and I spend so much time reading the threads, I figured it was about time I introduced myself.

Howdy and welcome!

Hey, are you a Yeast Wrangler?

www.YeastWranglers.ca

wow, I never heard of the yeast wranglers, but it sounds like what I've been looking for. Unfortunetly, During the summer months, I'm working for a landscaping company, and eight at night is usually when I go to bed, because I'm up at 4:30 am. Thanks for pointing them out though, I'll definetly have to consider it when things slow down at work!

wow, I never heard of the yeast wranglers, but it sounds like what I've been looking for. Unfortunetly, During the summer months, I'm working for a landscaping company, and eight at night is usually when I go to bed, because I'm up at 4:30 am. Thanks for pointing them out though, I'll definetly have to consider it when things slow down at work!

The club slows down in the summer (there may be a July meeting, but nothing in August). The fall and winter are great times to join us, though -- perhaps that will work out with your schedule.

:mug:

Back