Greetings from Victoria, Canada!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rakal

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My names Yuri and i'm new to the whole homebrewing scene. I just started with a Brooklyn Brewery chocolate maple porter. It's only a gallon but it was a good start. I'm going be be bottling it in a couple days so i'm looking forward to that!

I hope to learn lots of new techniques and strategies for future brews while i'm here.

Hey Yuri.. Welcome to HBT. I have only done one BBS brew and that was the Everyday IPA. Turned out OK. Lot of work for so little beer..but, I'll try again. I usually brew 2.5g batches. I found, for me, the 1g jug was just too small to keep from blowing off wort. Just not enough headspace. I posted a message earlier wondering of there were Imperial Gallon jugs.. which would be slightly larger. Not much luck. So, I'm using my gallon jugs to make hard cider and my MrBeer fermenters to make 1-2gallon batches.

I would be very interested in how your CMP recipe turns out. I have the book with the recipe and was looking at that one just this morning.

I hope you have a hydrometer so you can take before and after measurements on your wort/beer. That one piece of equipment (actually two.. you need a hydrometer an a hydrometer tube) are invaluable as most instructions are pretty generic and you may have incomplete fermentation and won't know it.

Anyhow, you didn't ask for that comment :) Good luck and welcome to the hobby.

Ah! I would have taken a gravity measurement if I saw this a couple days ago. I just bottled it. It tasted pretty good from the small sip I took, i'm excited to see how it turns out.

I do agree that it's a lot of work for such a small batch. Perhaps in the future i'll get a 5 gallon carboy and make something a little more substantial.

Latest posts

Back