Greetings from Kalamazoo, Michigan!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iTMart

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a first time brewer from Kalamazoo Michigan. I got a brewing kit from Bell's Brewery here in town and am now on day 3 of fermenting. I also got an English Brown Ale recipe kit and that is what is currently fermenting. Very excited for the finished product and looking forward to having 5 gallons of my own home brew! :)

I really enjoy dark beer like Kalamazoo Stout, Porter, Guinness Black Lager, Smithwicks and Founder's Dirty Bastards but my two favorite beers of all time would have to be Hopslam from Bell's or Oberon.

Cheers! :mug:
-Tyler

Hey iTMart! When I'm in Kalamazoo, Bells is a place i always visit. I love the brewpub and general store. I also love the dark ones and Dirty Bastards is pretty awesome!!

Hey iTMart! When I'm in Kalamazoo, Bells is a place i always visit. I love the brewpub and general store. I also love the dark ones and Dirty Bastards is pretty awesome!!

I love the brewpup and general store as well. I live 5 minutes away from it! :)

It must great to have your LHBS that close. I have a good one about 30 mins away but a great one an hour away

Has anyone been to the Beer Exchange? I was thinking about checking this place out the next time Im in Kalamazoo but what to make sure its worth my while.

Has anyone been to the Beer Exchange? I was thinking about checking this place out the next time Im in Kalamazoo but what to make sure its worth my while.

I haven't been there yet, but I've heard several people say it's one of the best places in West Michigan for beer selection. If that's true, you won't be disappointed.

The Beer Exchange is a good place to go. Especially if the "market" is down on what you want to try you can get it pretty cheap. the whole deal is that it is like a stock market. The more a beer is bought, the higher the price, and opposite if no one is drinking one. The prices change on a 15 minute interval.

They claim all the beers are local Michigan beers, but last time I was in there they a few Goose Island brews, so I think they are expanding choices to meet demand.

Thanks for the info on the Beer Exchange. I will definitely check it out when Im in Kalamazoo!

It is most definitely worth your while. They always have good beers on tap, and usually have a mead or cider, too. When I was there for school, my friends and I would go there all the time. If you play the stocks right, you can stay under $3 a beer all night. The food is pretty good, as well.

Back