Greetings from Frederick, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDoc_Md

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I'm an aspiring brewer who just moved to Frederick from Chicago (for work). A biochemist/molecular biologist by training, I have cultured S.cerevisiae in the lab before, admiring the sweet, red wine-like aroma from a fresh batch. I'm working in a new field now and want to take advantage of the yeasties for my own personal enjoyment this time (plus, I miss the vast beer selection/culture I had access to in Chicago).

I found this forum in my online research of brewing and greatly appreciate all the knowledge and advice shared by the experienced home brewers! I'll probably continue building my starting equipment wish list and buy most of it from my LHBS this week, assuming they have Better Bottles.

My LHBS = the Flying Barrel. Has anyone used them before? They seem a little pricey, but I figure at least I won't pay extra for shipping, can see first hand what I'm buying, and will get to meet some more knowledgable beer dudes in person.

This seems like a great community...thanks again!

Sergio

i live in DC and the Flying Barrel is a shop that is well worth the 45 minute drive for me, even though i have the luxury of going to 3 other closer brew shops. Bob, the manager, is a good man. I've no doubt you two will become fast friends.

Back