Greeting from......Greece

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panagiotis

Reaction score
Hi all, i am Panagiotis from Athens Greece. It was very fortunate for me to find this forum as it seems to contain posts that, in a way or another, cover every aspect in homebrewing. Unfortunately for me, this kind of a hobby is literally not existent here so i found myself obligated to seek raw materials exclusively abroad. Good advices come also handy from time to time, but as for that i now have the support of the guys over homebrewtalk.com, dont i? :mug:

Welcome to HBT Panagiotis! :mug:
How do you go about getting home brew supplies?
Wow! You are the first member I can think of who is from Greece. You should tell us more about yourself and what kinds of beer and wine you like.
Again, Welcome!

Well............ living in a country where raw material isn't available doesn't make things easy thats for sure. Luckily for me -given the fact that Italian is my second language - I was able to mail order some pre-hopped malt extracts from Italy even if international spedition fees are a pain in the.......... (u know :p ). The result was most satisfying, my first brew (a lager) was a real success , at least for the standards of a newby homebrewer like myself. Then I brewed an IPA, and a weizen which came out also very nice (I think am not much of a weizen fan though).
At the time being I am preparing for my first AG that will be a simple recipe of an American pale ale (ingredients have yet to arrive but fortunately at a minimum cost thanks to a friend of mine that works in the army. Don't ask :d ). Am pretty sure that after this brew I will have convinced myself switching definitely to AG and for that reason I am trying to contact some local brew companies and see if they would be willing to provide me with the basic raw materials like pisner, pale ale, vienna etc (they wont but trying is always good). As a long term project I am thinking of brewing some vinsanto wine typical of some Greek and Italian regions (made from sun-dried grapes without any added sugar or alcohol). I think it would pair nicely with the mushrooms that I coltivate in my attic (yet another hobby of mine).
Its always nice to feel welcomed, thanks a lot.

Latest posts

Back