Great place to get pop top beer bottles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rskelhorn

Reaction score
Thanks to HBT for giving me the advice to visit my local recycling depot for beer bottles. Picked close to 100 grolsch beer bottles which cost me $9.00!

Should be set on beer bottles for a while. Any ideas for cider bottles?

IMG_1444.jpg

We'll done! I love those swing top green grolsch bottles for my cider. I also buy 'rieme' lemonade. It's a French lemonade, but my locally grocery store (giant eagle) has them for about $2.50 and SWMBO loves the lemonade, so I can always convince her that "I need more bottles"

vinylrooster said:
We'll done! I love those swing top green grolsch bottles for my cider. I also buy 'rieme' lemonade. It's a French lemonade, but my locally grocery store (giant eagle) has them for about $2.50 and SWMBO loves the lemonade, so I can always convince her that "I need more bottles"

$2.50? I buy the same brand for either $4.99 or $5.99! Do you buy liter bottles or smaller? I buy liters. Either way (same situation as you), SWMBO loves them. So it's a small price to pay for great liter bottles that I keep and keep her happy.

Ikea has clear litre bottles for $4 or 5 with flip tops. I've been using them for Apfelwein. They hold the carbonation fine, but I don't think I would try bottle conditioning in them.

Ikea has clear litre bottles for $4 or 5 with flip tops. I've been using them for Apfelwein. They hold the carbonation fine, but I don't think I would try bottle conditioning in them.

I may have to stop by IKEA next time I'm "down south". North of 60 no IKEA!

I work at ikea, would love to know if anyone has tried to bottle carb in them. They used to be bormiolli rocco sourced, but are now from china. Just fyi

Euphist said:

Just so I'm clear (not sure if there was a typo), I can get 5 bottles for $4? Or one bottle for $4-5? IKEA is 45 minutes away, so I want to know if this is worth the trip (or if I should task SWMBO next time she goes).

rskelhorn said:
Thanks to HBT for giving me the advice to visit my local recycling depot for beer bottles. Picked close to 100 grolsch beer bottles which cost me $9.00!

Should be set on beer bottles for a while. Any ideas for cider bottles?

Yes I did the same, where I live I had to go dumpster diving but I got 20 cases over 3 trips, I'll never need to worry if I have enough bottles! Good job man!

Just so I'm clear (not sure if there was a typo), I can get 5 bottles for $4? Or one bottle for $4-5? IKEA is 45 minutes away, so I want to know if this is worth the trip (or if I should task SWMBO next time she goes).

One bottle. "or" not "for"

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Home Brew mobile app

Back