Great brewing experience after a near tragedy! Now who has a good Pale Ale recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyhood

Reaction score
Title says it all:) I had a post on here about a month ago.. it was about my grommet falling into my fermentating beer and I am happy to say the beer looks great and is conditioning! The one issue was because I did not use a blow off I lost a little more beer than i wished to. We all learn either the hard or soft way :D let me know your suggestions on a good Pale Ale.. I just used Amarillo and Cascade hops for the 2nd straight recipe so i would not mind trying some new stuff.. but I love these two types so much.. Cascade is becoming my favorite of the hop world:mug:
cheers
Gary

I'm not a hop head but my brewing partner loves to use Warrior to amp up his IBUs. Saaz is a good one in my book as well as hallertau.

Heres my summer ipa i like

Let liquid yeast warm up to room temp 3-6 hours MAX.

Bring at least 2 1/2 gallons of water to 155 degrees and turn off the heat

Put the crushed grains in the grain bag:2 LBS. 2-Row,2 LB. 10L crystal
Soak the grains in the hot water for 45 minutesAfter soaking the grains,lift the grain bag out of the water,once the bag has dripped almost all of the water out.
Place a strainer over the stockpot and then put the grainbag into the strainer.Pour 170 degree water evenly over the bag using approx.1 Quart of water per 2 LB. of grain.discard the grains and return to heat untill boiling.

Turn off the heat once again and move the stockpot to a cool burner.Add the malt extract 5LBS. Extra Pale Extract,1 LB. Booster
Stir constantly while adding to dissolve the malt extract.Return to a boil,once its a controlled boil.add the bittering hops
and set the timer for 75 minutes 1 Oz. Warrior,1 OZ. Sorachi
After 15 of the 75 minutes have passed,add the flavor hops for the last 60: none
After 30 of the 75 minutes have passed,add the flavor hops for the last 45:none
After 45 of the 75 minutes have passed,add the flavor hops for the last 30 minutes: none
After 60 of the 75 minutes have passed,add the aroma hops for the last 15 minutes:1/2 OZ. Centenial,Lemon zest,2 Grams Paradise seeds
After 70 of the 75 minutes have passed,add the aroma hops for the last 5 min: 1/2 OZ. Centenial

After the 60 min has passed put the pot in the tub with ice and water,rapidly cool the wort to 80-85 degrees.Pour the wort
in the fermenter and add as much water needed to the 5 gallon line.Check the gravity, it should be 1.054.Finishing gravity
should be 1.010

Reccomended Yeast: White Labs English Ale 002, Wyeast London ESB 1968,Safale S04

Dry hop 1/2 OZ. Centenial(14 days)

Back