Great Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDChef

Reaction score
Today I finally brewed my Scottish 80/ from Northern Brewer. One of my sons crushed the grains for me last night to give me a hand. My mash temp was right where I aimed. I tried batch sparging for the first time. I have to say, I love batch sparging! So easy with my setup. My CFC worked perfectly thanks to a little gravity. The only problem I have now is what to brew next!!

I have to give credit to everyone here for my great day. Everytime I come in here I learn something new and it helps alot. Thanks to all!! :mug:
Fred

First of all congratulations. Successful brew days are where it's at!

If you are new to brewing I would suggest brewing a variety of styles. Each new style presents challenges in recipes and techniques and is a great way to learn more about brewing in general. Perhaps brew an IPA to get used to dry hopping?

Thanks! Although I'm not new to brewing, I had just started doing AG when I had to take a break for a while. But you are right, and I think the challenges are what attracted me to this hobby in the first place. That and the variables.

I think I'm going to make a 10 g batch of pale ale. I think I'll dry hop 1/2 the batch and do a side by side comparison. Thanks for the suggestion!

Fred

Back