Grammar Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturo7

Reaction score
Let's say you're cruising down a rural road late at night. Suddenly, a small varmint, say a possum or a cat, jumps in from of your car.

Did you:

A- run it the bless over

or

B- run the bless over it

??

thanks in advance

That word can be used as a noun, verb, adjective, gerund, interjection, etc. The possibilities are endless.

over it the bless run

yoda.jpg

I'm going to go with B, just because without the bless

Run over it

makes more grammatical sense than

Run it over

This is deep thinking. Very deep.

Sorry...
what was the fvckin qvestion?

(Homebrew-related memory loss)

Last edited:
I think there is a distinction in the two choices:

"run it the bless over" implies you simply made a choice to run it over and who gives a bless that you did. If the vehicle in your hypothetical were a Ford pinto, I'd go with "run it the bless over" because that's about all a pinto could do.

"run the bless over it" implies a stronger degree, i.e., a good running over. So if I were driving an F650 Super Truck, I would run the fyck over it.

Though, I agree there is some similarity.

I'd definitely try to miss the little fvcker ;)
Prying roadkill out of undercarriages is less fun than it sounds.

I once drove a '56 F100 panel truck across Nevada on a moonlit midnight and must've hit at least 50 fvcking rabbits and missed a thousand more.
What I found jammed into that poor truck the next morning was a fvcking horror show :eek:

Back