Grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowDrains

Reaction score
Are there always tiny bits of grain in wort after mash I vorloffed and ran through strainer and still had tiny bits

buzbey said:
what is your setup? I haven't noticed any grain particles in any of mine.

image-3456492374.jpg

image-2601622127.jpg

Same as mine , yeah i used to get a lttle bit. Now after vorlof i put the tubbing in my hop bag to catch excess grain then clean it out before the boil . I dont think its a big deal but i do it because im OCD!!

Ya you shouldn't be getting any grain threw that. It looks like a nice set up. The only other thing I can think of would be way to fine of a grind on your grains

Yeah that's what I'm getting little fines and always gets stuck to start have to blow air through it backwards to get drain started

You could be letting it out to fast and sucking your grain bed down causing a stuck sparge. If not you can try adding corn husks to break up the grain. It also depends on the grain, wheat and other grains are sticky so they will cause a stuck sparge more often

buzbey said:
You could be letting it out to fast and sucking your grain bed down causing a stuck sparge. If not you can try adding corn husks to break up the grain. It also depends on the grain, wheat and other grains are sticky so they will cause a stuck sparge more often

This may be it but when I first turn the valve on nothing comes out. After I got it flowing on first batch had it wide open second half open

Back