Grain to glass in 9 days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobeer

Fermentation Specalist
Reaction score
I usually make a milk chocolate stout for Christmas every year. This year we're in the middle of buying a house and we all got sick in the last couple weeks so I didn't have time to brew. I finally got some time 2 Wednesdays ago so i took full advantage and brewed a little 3 gallon all grain batch in my kitchen on the stove.
Long story short... I took a gravity reading, tasted it, and decided to keg it around 2 pm on Christmas eve and I was drinking it tonight. It tastes great and it only took 9 days. I'm stoked I was able to continue my little tradition with this beer!

Anyone else have a beer that turns around quickly?

My Milds and Bitters are usually VERY quick turnaround (fastest I've gone is 10 days grain to glass, including 5 days cask conditioning). If kegged I could push that faster.

I used to be in the "leave all beers for 4 weeks" camp often touted on HBT, but I learned as I became a competent brewer that if you do your job correctly you don't need to do that.

That's great!

I don't keg, so I've got to wait for bottle carbing to do its thing. Now you know that you can have a drinkable beer in a short time.

A hefe in 5 days and a wit in 8. Pretty simple recipes. if you can afford 2 extra days a here is better at 7 days.

My Milds and Bitters are usually VERY quick turnaround (fastest I've gone is 10 days grain to glass, including 5 days cask conditioning). If kegged I could push that faster.

I used to be in the "leave all beers for 4 weeks" camp often touted on HBT, but I learned as I became a competent brewer that if you do your job correctly you don't need to do that.

Ever since I started kegging, about a year and a half ago, I've gotten an opportunity to hone in this part of brewing. Tasting beer at various stages all throughout my brewing carrier has helped a lot also. It's cool this hobby has so many dynamics you can learn about.

Yup, if there`s no flavors that need conditioning you can really push the turnaround times.

I'm looking at a grain-to-bottle-to-glass timeframe of 18-19 days with the Centennial Blonde recipe from BierMuncher. Bottled today on day 12, hoping to drink a few on NYE.

:)

I have a dry irish stout recipe that I've had ready in as few as 10 days. I could probably get it done sooner if I were more timely in taking gravity readings.

Back