• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas Grain mill $50

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

postalbunny

Reaction score
I've upgraded to newer mill and have this older one to sell. I bought it so long ago i don't even recall what brand it was. I've included pictures of the rollers and all angles. Mill still works fine. I used a drill to operate but kept the handle which I've included.

I would consider shipping, but imagine it would be cost prohibitive to buying a new one. I'm located in Houston and looking for a local buyer.

20180225_140733.jpg 20180225_140744.jpg 20180225_140757.jpg

Attachments

• 20180225_140738.jpg
    20180225_140738.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 390
  • 20180225_140742.jpg
    20180225_140742.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 391
Hi, Just what I need. Any idea what it weighs? I'm in North Carolina -- could be pricey to ship

I sure do... got a scale for weighing grains out. It's 9.5 lbs and if I disassemble it i think it can fit into a 13x13x5 box. If you want to calc shipping, it'd be from 77007. I popped zip 27007 into USPS and got an estimate of $22. The cheapest mill I could find new was $99 with free shipping. So it's still a discount but I'm not sure if you'd just spend the extra $25 and get it new though.

Good point re: shipping. Any idea at all about mfg? bottom end? Or higher?

It was over 5 years ago, and i can't remember. I know I did a great deal of research here for feedback but can't for certain remember the brands at the time. A lot of the older threads have expired image pictures so they're not much help, and a google image search doesn't seem to find anything that lines up with what I have pictured. Then again, it's flooded with mm3 and the latest design.

The key items that stand out if you want to help try and ID it are the cut out of the base (perfectly square not round on one side), the hopper has allen key bolts not phillips head, the adjustment screws are two allen bolts of the same exact type that hold the rest together, the knob that adjust the roller, and the handle that came with it is also unique. The bolts that hold the hopper together do not have nuts on the inside you have to hold to tighten, they're welded down. I can't seem to find these in pictures of any other mills in a google image search. The sticker on there is from brewhardware but I remember ordering the mill from one place by itself.

It may be worth a post to the forums to see if someone else can ID the mill. I'm not sure if that would violate any rules since i'm just trying to sell it.

I work downtown. Would you have time to meet up this afternoon? I go in at 3:00pm today.

PM sent... i missed this reply, but should be able to meet up when you're headed to work next time.

Sold, thanks guys.

Also, i was able to confirm it's an austin homebrew custom/chinese job from way-back when. Someone replied to the forum thread and someone suggest then I was able to confirm with a google image search.

Back