Grain Father users

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobstar

Reaction score
Hello!
Any Grainfather users on this forum?
I'm asking because I recently purchased a grainfather and brewed about 6 batches with it and I must say that I really enjoy brew days with this machine compared to my old low-tech brewing setup.
What I really dislike about it is the lack of organization with the community brewing website. It's a total mess of random recipes and it seems anyone can post crap there. I Was wondering if anyone else had the same experience when trying to browse for a recipe?
I've been having a really hard time finding legit recipes that produce good beer. There is a rating system setup but most of the recipes only have one vote if any at all.. so it makes it hard to find something that has been brewed and properly vetted.

Does anyone have a good source for recipes with the Grainfather?
or perhaps an easy way to upload good recipes to the grainfather without using their community website?

Thank you!!

I brew my own , I've not tried to brew any of the Gf recipes . Lots of recipes here like Mcknuckle linked.

What is Gwane Fadda? lol j/k

Been using the GF for 3 brews so far. Upgrade from the Mash and Boil and its such a nicer system. I haven't used any recipes as I look on Brew Guru and Beersmith for different ideas.

I've been using the Grainfather for 3 years now. I never used or brewed any recipes found on the Internet. I always created my own, so I would say that the Grainfather recipes are not really that useful. This forum actually has more information and better recipes then you would find anywhere else. Just look at such ongoing threads like the TreeHouse and Northeast style IPA threads. You will find really nice recipes on this forum and you will also find brewers eager to help you, even with creating recipes.

The grainfather is a dream to brew on. Smooth and easy brew days.

Like the others, I don't use their database of recipes. I started 10yrs ago brewing recipes I found here on HBT, but now I mostly design my own after doing research here, in brewing mags, books, or wherever else.

Here's a good place to start if you're looking for reliable recipes: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/homebrewtalk-top-homebrew-recipes-24-1.html

Thanks guys..
is it fairly simple to transfer the recipes from this forum into the GF software?
I was using their database because it's all sorted out.. haven't manually entered a recipe in the GF yet.
But I think I'm starting to be more confident in modifying/creating some recipes!

Back