Grain bill help converting extract to AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerCribben

Reaction score
I've seen a few posts out there regarding converting extract to all grain but I'm still a little unsure. Could anyone help me with what the grain bill to replace 6.6lbs of Breiss Amber LME and 3lbs of Breiss Golden Light DME would be?

Thanks in advance! :D

Chris

Ok cool table, any idea what grains and how much of each would go into each of those malt extracts? I'm VERY new at brewing, but I have a couple recipes I have created that I love and I am about to try my hand at BIAB brewing with Yoopers "Fizzy Yellow Beer" recipe but I'd also like to try brewing my favorites in all grain.

6.6lbs Amber LME and 3lbs Golden Light DME, both Breiss.

Thanks a million!! :D

For starters 6.6 lb LME is about 10lb pale malt. 3lb DME is about 5 lb pale malt. The extract usually has some Carapils, or other specialty grain to give it some body, but you can just get your body from the mash temperature. To make up for the color in the Amber, you should use some specialty grains.

Simple might be close the the extract ?

11-12# 2row briess pale malt
1-2# Biscuit
6-8 ounces Chocolate.

Plain simple brown ale. NOT A SESSION ALE,,, Mid to upper 6% ABV

bosco

Back