Got wood? Or, should I get a metal workbench?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The beauty of HBT. You ask for suggestion and all you get is Told that you're wrong :) we all get a little out of hand here on technicalities. If that is what you want go for it. Sometimes not having to build something is worth some coin. I enjoy DIY, but sometime it's nice to just write a check.

your wrong .... use a debit card no checks I hate people writing checks out after everything is rung up and everyone is just standing there waiting on your sorry ass to write the check ......:)

I assembled the workbench tonight in ~45 minutes. It's d*mn sturdy and I'm happy with the dimensions. I applied some blue thread locker to the bolts to prevent any unexpected de-coupling down the road.

Also, to protect the wood, I ended up ditching the melamine MDF idea and purchased a 3/16" thick 75" x 24" natural rubber yoga mat for $32 that I'll trim to fit. Natural rubber mats are very sticky and have good thermal and chemical resistance properties.

31FpX9MHfVL._AA280_.jpg

Definitely inspires some "creative" uses for a workbench... :D :rolleyes:

31%2B54IFYSjL._AA280_.jpg

41MsCHL0SVL._AA280_.jpg

your wrong .... use a debit card no checks I hate people writing checks out after everything is rung up and everyone is just standing there waiting on your sorry ass to write the check ......:)
Well I agree. It was just a figure of speech. I am definitely of the Debit Card generation.

The one I just built. 96'' long x 36'' height x 30'' deep. Made out of 2x4 and 3/4 hardwood top and bottom.

looks real nice. I'm planning on taking a week vacation in spring to reorganize the shed garage and brew stuff. I'm thinking about buying a tbale saw between now and then and then rebuilding my work bench. I may just copy yours. May put it on locking casters. It'd be be nice to be able to move it around if needed.

Back