Got new equipment, wanna break 'em in!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auspice

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm still a partial mash brewer since I haven't gotten a turkey fryer or a 2nd brew kettle to split an all grain batch between but I got my CFC and MLT built finally and I wanna use 'em!

I'm running sanitizer through them right now and they'll be good to go for today's brewing, would it be silly or a waste of time to use my 10 gallon rubbermaid MLT to sparge my specialty grains just to break it in?

Also, I don't have a metal racking cane so I was thinking I could do my boil like normal then pour the wort into the MLT with a couple of gallons of cold water already in it then run the whole thing through my CFC and top off the fermentation bucket like normal and pitch my yeast.

Basically, just trying to find a way to use this stuff while I wait on a turkey fryer and was hoping I'm not going to make stuff way more complicated than it should be. :D

Thanks in advance for the advice, you guys have always been great even when I'm FREAKING OUT over nothing.

If you want to go right ahead. I probably wouldn't bother with just specialty grains but if you are doing a partial mash with some 2-row I would go for it. If you want to try it out and don't mind cleaning it then by all means use your new toys.

Back