Got my first bottle bomb today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hastur

Reaction score
So I bottled a milk stout about two months ago, and I was planning on saving the last bottle for when I met up with some friends in a couple of weeks.

I went to check on the stout today and found the entire bottom of my 32 oz swing top bottle had shorn off. I'm really glad I kept them all in a big rubbermaid container; it contained the blast pretty well.

I didn't have any trouble with any of the other bottles, so I'm wondering if the closet where I keep them just got too warm or this bottle was just weak. Anyone else have any ideas or similar experiences? I might just start bottling everything in plastic and call it a day, I really don't want the experience of cleaning up my delicious stout with paper towels to become a regular experience.

Thanks in advance! :mug:

Already cleaned up the busted up bottle, but it was a pretty clean break all around the lower portion of the bottle.

Back