Got Mine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomtom

Reaction score
Just received my Mt. Hood and Willaimette Rhizomes today. I stashed them in the fridge until I figure out what to do next. We're planning on selling our home in the city and moving out into the country on some acreage. I'm thinking putting them in a five gallon pot would be the thing to do for the time being. It's already planting time in Central Fl. Either way I'm stoked.

I just received my ZEUS rhizome from Freshops I can't wait to add this to my garden that has Centennial, Sterling, and N.Brewer. Even worse now I am still waiting for Midwest to ship me my other 4 different rizhomes, oh well who needs cukes and tomatoes when you can have Hops instead....lol

Brew-boy said:
I just received my ZEUS rhizome from Freshops I can't wait to add this to my garden that has Centennial, Sterling, and N.Brewer. Even worse now I am still waiting for Midwest to ship me my other 4 different rizhomes, oh well who needs cukes and tomatoes when you can have Hops instead....lol

I am in your boat, got my Nuggets from freshops today and I am waiting on the Mt Hood and Cascade from Midwest

Recieved my Magnum and Sunbeam from Fresh Hops yesterday. Waiting for my second order to arrive from them in a few days. (Centennial, Kent Goldings and Zeus)
Hmmmm, Maybe I'll order a Cascade....Naw ....I'll get some next year.

I got mine in the mail from thymegarden.com today.

Still waiting on my midwests but don't expect them until later anyway.

Just wondering, How long is it taking for your Freshops/Thyme Garden orders to arrive? Not that I'm in a hurry as we're supposed to get 8 inches of snow tomorrow. So freakin tired of winter...

Chris

Hey,

I live in central NY, could I grow hops here? I'd imagine it's too cold right?

Do you do this for convenience sake? considering hops are pretty inexpensive.

Do you have to dry them or anything, or do you just pick them and add them to the boil?

Thanks! Very interesting.

Kod_x said:
I got mine in the mail from thymegarden.com today.

Still waiting on my midwests but don't expect them until later anyway.

Hey when did you order from thymegarden if you don't mind me asking. I ordered in Febuary and I have been going back and forth with them through email trying to find out when they will be here since I am out of town a lot and they have told me twice that they are going out tomorrow. They said that on the 16th and then again today. I wonder when tomorrow is?

Okiebrewer said:
Hey when did you order from thymegarden if you don't mind me asking. I ordered in Febuary and I have been going back and forth with them through email trying to find out when they will be here since I am out of town a lot and they have told me twice that they are going out tomorrow. They said that on the 16th and then again today. I wonder when tomorrow is?

I ordered mine on Febuary 26th. I went to look for the postmark, but I threw it out already.

I think it is just used as an ornamental hop. I haven't found any info on anyone using it to brew. I bought some for my mom because she has a trellis fence thing she wants covered in hops and I didn't want her using my brewing hops.

Sunbeam can be used to brew and is similar to Saazer. Also, it is the only named hop that needs partial shade. The yellow leaves are nice, but they tend to burn in full sun.

ALPHA ACIDS: 4 to 5%
BETA ACIDS: 2.5%
COHUMULONE: 36%
STORAGE STABILITY: fair, similar to its female parent Saazer
OIL: 0.8 to 1.3 ml/100 g. Humulene 14%; caryophyllene 4%; farnesene 6%
Myrcene 56%; H/C ratio = 3.12. The oil is moderately high in humulene and farnesene.

Oh yeah.....I got my second order from fresh hops yesterday!!!!

I am so tempted to buy two more...naw maybe next year,lol! So my line up is as follows: Kent Goldings, Centennial, Zeus, Magnum, Sunbeam

Back