Got any Navy Reservist here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeder212

Reaction score
I spent 6 years in the Army Guard, did a year in Iraq, and decided I was done with the military. Now I am kinda looking into getting back into something. Either Guard or Reserve. My full time job is a firefighter/emt so I was looking to maybe do something along those lines. I was looking into either Air Guard firefighter, or Navy Reserve Hospital Corpsman. Just wondering if any of you guys were in either, and what your thoughts on it was. Thanks.

Mitch

I am in the navy inactive reserve. . . kinda considering going active reserve to get a few more dollars a month. I had nothing to to with anything medical (or active reserve for that matter) so I guess I'm just rambling and can't really answer your question. . . HEY! I've had 3 Racer 5's! gimme a break!

what was your MOS i know a shelly with the ark, nat guard, he is a Lt now

I was an 11B, infantryman. But after I became an EMT with my civilian job, I started working as a medic. If I would have stayed in, I would have gone to school to become an actual army medic. From what I can tell, the navy corpsman seems to get a lot more medical training than the army medic, so that's kinda my reasoning for wanting to do the navy thing instead of the army.

i'm inactive reserve, 14RO on 688 SSN's :) i'd say get a second job or work some OT, nothing wrong with serving, but once your out... your better off sticking to your original decision :) (0.02)

That drill pay pretty much sucks too. I mean, extra money is money, dont get me wrong. I just got out and almost did Active reserves but the drill pay was crap AND you dont get health benefits unless its something related to your drill. If they gave me medical bennies, I would have been all over it, especially with Bethesda Naval right down the street.

Back