Got a promotion!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
Well, not until the end of April, but it's a sure thing now. I've been formally offered the new position. We have to work out the logistics because I can't just pack up and leave my current position.

I'll be in charge of local engineering support for the electrical department, primarily for two generating stations. These are really old stations our company bought about five years ago that are constantly undergoing upgrading with new electronics. In a few years time we will begin construction of a new station to replace one of them that was built in 1914 and not worth repairing anymore. It should be a pretty wild time! :fro:

Just had to share with my virtual friends. :mug:

in the days of seemingly eternal layoffs, it great to hear some good news of someone having this kind of proffesional success. Good job!

It's only 4.4% this year and then another 4.4% next year. Not a huge increase but I'm looking at it more as a foot in the door. I needed to get into the area where things are happening.

Thanks for the back slaps everyone!

Congrats! An extra 4.4% this year and next is not too bad. Obviously it isn't the $1000+ a month we all want, but it's not too bad. I was happy when I got promoted last year and got an extra $350 a month. It sure adds up and then gets spent on more brew equipment... Good thing it was just gravy money anyway.

Latest posts

Back