Got a Danby, now I need a Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EHV

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
hey guys, I just picked up a Danby DAR125SLDD for 220 tax and shipping to my door. Pretty happy bout that.

So now I need the kit for 2 soda kegs with a 2 tap tower and all the goods. My question, does a supplier have a kit which has ALL quality pieces like the perlick faucets, quality regulator tubing, etc, or will I need to piece everything together.? I'm literally starting from scratch and would like to keep this simple and expenses to a minimum, however, I don't want to deal with components which are going to fail or be problematic.
This will be my first kegerator, first time kegging, but I need to make this look decent for the wife since its going in the kitchen.

hey guys, I just picked up a Danby DAR125SLDD for 220 tax and shipping to my door. Pretty happy bout that.

So now I need the kit for 2 soda kegs with a 2 tap tower and all the goods. My question, does a supplier have a kit which has ALL quality pieces like the perlick faucets, quality regulator tubing, etc, or will I need to piece everything together.? I'm literally starting from scratch and would like to keep this simple and expenses to a minimum, however, I don't want to deal with components which are going to fail or be problematic.
This will be my first kegerator, first time kegging, but I need to make this look decent for the wife since its going in the kitchen.

This is the kit I bought but you'll have to buy the perlick faucets seperate.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/homebrew_two_tap_homebrew_tower_kit.shtml

After piecing everything together they are within a couple bucks of each other. Is the cleaner a worthwhile investment or just go with oxiclean?

I was figuring on this being cheaper than buying a pre built but this adds up fast.

The kit I linked to in my previous post comes with 5ft beer and gas lines. I have had no issues with foam.

That was the kit I was referring to. I've compared between keg connection and beverage factory,. Pricing as I type this.
Another question, as I will have to do some more searching for my particular Danby Dimensions, is there any downfall to geting the converted pinlocks to balllocks? Seems the converted kegs are shorter from the description, are they still the same diameter?

That was the kit I was referring to. I've compared between keg connection and beverage factory,. Pricing as I type this.
Another question, as I will have to do some more searching for my particular Danby Dimensions, is there any downfall to geting the converted pinlocks to balllocks? Seems the converted kegs are shorter from the description, are they still the same diameter?

From what I understand two pin locks will not fit in the danby fridge as they are more in diameter. You can fit one pin lock but not two. There are threads floating around this forum about this.

Thanks for all the help. Placed an order for everything I think I should need. Going to do a cheap DIY drip tray from PVC grate so I should be about set. Thanks for all of the help guys.

Back