Google and Dogfish Head team up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that on facebook yesterday. I think it's a cool idea,like that other one they did with something from each continent. Like to taste that one too.

I think this will be a hard one to find. Is it being sold to the masses or just at the brewpub. Would love to try it.

Just at the brew pub this time. It's their 1st experimental batch,& they do it that way to gauge public opinion before committing to some gigantic batch.

Like to taste that one too.

The World Wide Stout tastes much like what I would imagine a burnt cat turd and raisins soaked in beer would taste like. Save your $10+ dollars for something else.

Zamial said:
The World Wide Stout tastes much like what I would imagine a burnt cat turd and raisins soaked in beer would taste like. Save your $10+ dollars for something else.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Pangea.

Zamial said:

I got a good laugh out of that one. With such colorful descriptions, you should start up a beer critic blog. :)

I was disappointed that the honey in the brew was just a token gesture--that tiny palm-sized jar for the whole thing! Honey in rooibos tea is great, but oh well.

And you call those dinosaur farts aroma? Now I know why they're extinct...(ok,I'm done now). The pangea seemed like a cool idea,just have to try some of these for myself...

I actually liked Pangaea a LOT. I sometimes wonder if it's expectation that turns people off from experimental beers. Granted, there are some beers I simply don't like enough to pay for, but mostly when I try something new I try to appreciate what the brewer was trying to achieve. Sounds like many people are more style- or ingredient-specific. Which is okay, too,but perhaps limiting.

Then again, I am often wrong :)

I am down in Rehoboth right now. Want me to sneak a growler out :) If they have it bottled we could do some trades.

Back