Good hop sources? Need whole Liberty and Simcoe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowRedMoon

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this type of question is allowed, but I'm in a bit of a quandry here.

I've cruised all over the web, visited over a dozen supply sites, but still haven't found a source that sells whole Liberty or Simcoe hops. I'd use pellets but the aforementioned hops are intended for a hopback, and I doubt that pellets would be a wise choice. Hmmm...would plugs work?

Any leads would be much appreciated!

Freshops carries Simcoe. Hoptech says they have liberty in whole leaf or pellet.

Pellets do not work for hopbacks, randels or dry hopping, unless you like muddy, high-fiber ales.

Randel the Enamel Animal was a hopback made from a 20 gallon water heater. I've lost the link, but that's a lot of hops!

Wow. I hope Randel wasn't built for use with 5 gallon batches! That's... let's see... 20 gallons x volume of a gallon ÷ volume of a pound of hops x AA of hops x hopback AA constant = that's craaazy, man!

Back