Good brew during horrific season

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sepanik1986

Reaction score
Well, the entire football season as a bears fan near the Illinois border in Wisconsin has led to the consumption of great beer (at least there's a positive to the situation) now that I am nearly out I guess I'll just have to brew some more! :beer:

Last weekend led to sorrow-drowning among Packers fans too. But hey - you guys will have lot of support next weekend! Crush the Lions!

Skins fan here... the past 15 years has been more about what beer I'm drinking during the game than the actual game itself. What a hopeless franchise... I even told my wife that I'm thinking about rooting for another team just because I can't bare to watch it anymore. Maybe I'll become a band-wagoner Packers fan. Or maybe a Ravens fan since they're the closest team other than the Skins. Maybe I'll just stop watching football until my team gets their head out of their rear.
I've been brewing during the game for the past few weeks. I must say it does help lift the spirits after your team gets shutout by the Rams or fulfills another guaranteed loss. At least I have more beer in the pipeline to look forward to and at least there's Hockey. Go Caps!

Jay Cutler is one of the best passers in the league... he just throws the ball to the wrong team. His completion percentage would be much higher if they would just count those interceptions.

Good investment.

That long contract he has means he'll be around until he's 38. As a Packer fan, I'm delighted.

As a fellow Bears fan in WI, I feel your pain, brother. The Bears have put quite a dent in my kegs this season. Thank God for soccer, or I'd have nothing to look forward to, sports-wise.

At least the Packer fans are civil about the whole thing, right? Hahaha... right.

Cutler's contract is really on a 3 year deal since his guaranteed money is in the first three years....and as a bears fan its still not a good contract. Hopefully they clean house.

I doubt Cutler will make it to 2016 unless his performance takes a 180 degree shift. But then again, who knows.

I live outside Detroit and emotionally divorced myself from the Detroit Lions a few years ago - it was just too bad for too long and not worth the emotional investment anymore. This year, however, they're doing better and have a chance to actually make the playoffs. It's good for their fans - they deserve a good showing. I just couldn't do it anymore so I quit.

As a fellow Bears fan in WI, I feel your pain, brother. The Bears have put quite a dent in my kegs this season. Thank God for soccer, or I'd have nothing to look forward to, sports-wise.

At least the Packer fans are civil about the whole thing, right? Hahaha... right.

You know you've hit rock bottom when you're more excited about soccer than your football team!

As a Saints fan with a year I can't wait to forget, I wonder if the Bears should be moved into our division.....who's future name is the Toilet Division. Yikes, last nights game looked like high school players were on both teams for a good part of the game.
We hide the guns and knives during our games this year.

I doubt Cutler will make it to 2016 unless his performance takes a 180 degree shift. But then again, who knows.

I am not sure that he will survive to see 2016 if he continues this level of play, and shows the same level of indiffence in 2015. We can handle poor play, but pretend that you care half as much as we do.
I can see somebody from the South side off town with nothing to lose taking one for the team if he keeps giving the fans the 'I don't care' vibe that he does.

I am not sure that he will survive to see 2016 if he continues this level of play, and shows the same level of indiffence in 2015. We can handle poor play, but pretend that you care half as much as we do.
I can see somebody from the South side off town with nothing to lose taking one for the team if he keeps giving the fans the 'I don't care' vibe that he does.

If I was getting a guaranteed 18.5 million dollars a year for a few years no matter what happened, you couldn't get the smirk off of my face.

"Sure, 90% of my passes got intercepted. Hell of a thing. But guess what - I'M RICH! YEEEEEEAH! WOOOOO! SUCK IT, REPORTERS!"

You guys are going about it all wrong..I have been a Raider fan all my life..So I know how to deal with disappointment..so here is what I do to feel better..I cheer for who ever is playing my rival teams..Monday Im a cinici fan(playing broncos) and a cardinals fan(playing 9ers) Im always a seattle fan because they beat the 9ers so much.It at least gives me a reason to watch football and drink BEER.

At least you guys have teams. Try being a pro football fan near LA.
I believe that you are trying to paraphrase Alfred Lord Tennyson:

'Tis' it better to love the Bears and have lost (painfully), or better to have no team to love at all?'

I am thinking that LA is starting to look better everyday...

That is soooo not going to happen.

Yeah, we're terrible. It's far more likely that we give up 50+ while putting up 0.

As a side note, I just noticed you're in Joliet. I drive through every couple of months heading into Chicago or the NW suburbs.

Well, the entire football season as a bears fan near the Illinois border in Wisconsin has led to the consumption of great beer (at least there's a positive to the situation) now that I am nearly out I guess I'll just have to brew some more! :beer:

Well, I'm an Ohio State fan and graduate. Sorry for the spanking we put on you in the championship game. However, I'm sure w will get ours when we play Alabama. With that said I'm also a life long Browns fan, so I understand the need to drink mass quantities of GREAT beer because of bad football.

Well, I'm an Ohio State fan and graduate. Sorry for the spanking we put on you in the championship game. However, I'm sure we will get ours when we play Alabama. With that said I'm also a life long Browns fan, so I understand the need to drink mass quantities of GREAT beer because of bad football.

As a Buccaneers fan, I think I need to join some AA meetings after this season. And last season and the season before last season...you get the picture. Needless to say, I drank a lot of brew during football season.

Back