Good Beers Available in NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zar

Reaction score
Im going to be visiting some friends up at the University of North Carolina in a few weeks and wanted to see if theres any beers in the area i should try.

Im going to be visiting some friends up at the University of North Carolina in a few weeks and wanted to see if theres any beers in the area i should try.

Check out Milltown in Carrboro (it's adjoined to Chapel Hill), they have a great Belgian selection, as well as some good local brews. Other places with a good selection will local favorites are Tyler's (especially the Durham one), Brixx and Carolina Brewery (they make a few tasty beers) on Franklin Street.

There are a bunch of new breweries around the Triangle (Chapel Hill, Durham, Raleigh) that I haven't tried yet. But I always like almost anything from Highland brewery in Asheville, the Gaelic and Oatmeal Porter are good and readily available at any grocery. Carolina Brewing Co. is pretty good, they have a tasty seasonal Spring Bock right now if you can find it.

make sure they take you to weaver st. market. Great selection of beer and lots of great NC beers.

Sam's Blue Light, is in Durham and supposedly has the best beer selection in the southeast. I'm not sure if it's true but they do have a damn good selection!

try out natty greene's beers if you get a chance. they were at the festival in denver a few years back when i went and their dunkelweizen was awesome. the brewery is in greensboro, i don't know how close that is, but check it out if you get time.

You have to go to Durham and check out Triangle Brewing Company. They have very unique flavors that are totally off the wall such as a Habenero IPA and a Raspberry Coffee Stout.

Natty Green's old town brown (Made in Greensboro) is pretty darn good.

I second the vote for Highland's Oatmeal Porter.

Both should be available in bottles at almost any decent grocery store in the state.

Back