good beer around the saltlake utah?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlayton92

Reaction score
Ok so I turned 21 last friday ive been home brewing since I was about 19.(didnt drink just made). Now im looking for some of your favorites so I can have an easier time making my mind at the liquor store thanks guys.

Epic is a good place to start with a wide variety of interesting beers. You can even visit their tapless taproom at the brewery at 825 S. State and have samples.

If you go to an All-Star Lanes bowling alley they serve beer from the new brewery the owner just bought and renamed All-Star Brewing. I've only had their amber ale but it was good.

I feel like maybe they've slipped some, but the Bohemian is a pretty good brewery and an even better restaurant. They're on 72nd and just east of State St.

I'm not as into Uintah, Squatters or Wasatch, but they aren't bad.

For good beer bars (taverns) try the Beerhive, the Bayou, Salt Lake Pizza And Pasta or Fiddler's Elbow.

sweet thanks man I picked up a bottle of labyrinth from uinta last night have you tryed it what do you think? And once again thanks for the information.

Epic has great beers. Love the spiral jetty ipa and in the fall their imperial punkin porter is awesome. uinta has great beers. Their anniversary barley wine is soo good! Go to the bayou or beerhive.

My opinion:
1. I think Epic is making the best beers in town right now. Everything is good. The Sour Apple Saison is worthy of poetry.
2. Squatters, and to a lesser extent Wasatch, have also started making some really good beers.
3. I like Uinta's older beers more than their bigger, newer (Crooked Line) beers. I also don't like a whole lot of the Organic series. Wyld, Baba, and Sum'r are my favorites of those.
4. Red Rock has good pub food and a great brunch. Beers are okay. Try the eggs in purgatory with a stout.
5. I haven't had too much from Hoppers or Bohemien, but no complaints.
6. It's been a long time since I've been to Desert Edge.
7. Wing Nutz contract brews with someone. Their beers are okay.

Epic makes killer beer. I was there in February and was blown away by their selection. My personal favorite was the Copper Cone Pale. I also had a great IPA from Red Rock Brewing at the Beerhive. Squatters makes great sours and their food is really good. Oh, and I just heard yesterday that Utah is getting Fat Tire lol.

Back