Goo Gone inventor - I could kiss you on the mouth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burgs

Reaction score
This stuff is amazing. Find me the inventor of Goo Gone and I will 30-second tongue kiss him/her for inventing such a fantastic product.

Helped me out quite a bit this weekend - I bought a new false bottom for my mash tun that had stickers on it that left this effing gooey residue all over. I tried to soak everything in Oxyclean (in-place), but the adhesive just semi-dissolved and clung to the inside of the mash tun. So then I basically had specks all over the inside that smeared out like gum if I tried to wipe them off. Totally lame.

Goo Gone took that crap off in about 5 seconds & I barely used any. Washed it with dish soap and then hot water/Oxyclean soak and all is well in the world. Ready to brew my first AG this week.

:mug:

I got an old turkey fryer from a friend who's brother brought it over to his house one year and they left it in the shed after using. No cleaning up at all. It sat there for years in the shed with the holes in the roof rotting.

Goo Gone and a green scrubby was amazing at removing that baked on grease and gunk! I only had a very small amount left in the bottle and it nearly cleaned that whole thing! I tried rubbing alcohol, Denatured alcohol, lacquer thinner, etc.

I used a torch to warm up the grease and wipe it off and the goo gone removed the really stuck on brown gunk.

Now to finish banging out the bottom that had swelled from a few years of freeze and thaw cycles!

it will also get rid of that pesky glue that Blue point, Heineken, etc. uses on their labels. When oxy-clean wont touch it, I reach for the goo-gone.
no cancer yet...
fighting0074.gif

Back