Golf Bag Jockey Box on Craigslist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishops

Reaction score
I was browsing my local craigslist and came across this work of total genius:
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/tag/742862774.html

I rehosted the images in case someone buys it and the ad comes down, this is way too awesome to be lost to history.

---

Batchelor Party Kegorator TaylorMade Beer Golf Cart Bag - $400 (Milford, ma)
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-07-04, 5:59PM EDT

This Brand New Taylor Made Cart Bag has been retrofitted with a regulator, tap, on-demand cooling system, beer and air lines, and coupling so you can insert a cylinder keg inside it. Have constantly flowing cold beer on your golf cart! Sure, you can remove the keg and hoses and use it as a regular beautiful Taylor Made cart bag. But, remove the clubs and insert a keg, and you have a very popular toy. Everyone will want to ride with your group when you bring this kegorator golf bag along.
Perfectly concealed, the ranger will pass you buy, and so with the refreshment cart! I’ve installed zippers and Velcro to conceal the equipment inside the bag!

The cooling system (basically a compact jockey box) is 20’ of copper tubing that is surrounded by ice in a insulated bag. It cools the beer as you pour it like a on-demand water heater system.

I was golfing with some friends up in New Hampshire and we had a blast. We bought the first round of beers from the refreshment cart and after that, refilled for the other 17 holes! All 12 (3 groups of 4) of us!

$400 OBO, keg and clubs not included.
5lb CO2 Tank extra: $60.00

01010901041001031020080lz9.jpg
01010301021001031220080vw0.jpg

01011101020301030020080nq0.jpg
01010501030201040220080ew2.jpg

how are copper coils bad in a jockey box? I was thinking of building one, is there a compelling reason to use stainless?

I've looked at making a golf bag tote into a portable keg system, but this is hardcore!

once a liquid is carbed it becomes carbonic acid and will eat away at a copper coil, stainless will not be.

the copper and carbonic acid react to form a layer of copper carbonate This patina (CuCO3) actually serves to protect the copper underneath from further corrosion. The insoluble copper carbonate tightly adheres to the surface preventing further contact with acid .
this is the same thing Stanless Steel and Aluminium do, both quicky form a layer of corrosion that protects the lower layers and stops further decay.
millions of houses with copper pipes have flowed trillions of gallons of water witch has carbonic acid in it , even more if thay have a well.

copper cooling coils are no worse than copper wort chillers or copper kettles
:mug:

copper cooling coils are no worse than copper wort chillers
:mug:

Which to me, is enough reason to go with stainless! I hated that my copper chiller went into my wort dark, and came out shiny and clean. So I switched to a stainless IC, which contrary to everybody's dire warnings, works really well.

Boil your copper chiller in a pot of plain water some time. Smell and taste the water. It's even worse with an acidic liquid. Blechh...

Back