Golf and HomeBrew???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelsen3000

Reaction score
I am a golfer, by that I mean I like to go out on the green while drinking as much beer as we can in 18 holes. I however would like to come up with a solution to bring homebrew on the golf course! I am asking if anyone has solved that problem as I need help. Don't suggest bottles, they stink on the course. I am thinking a keg of some sort and a thermos would work but I need a keg solution that could hold beer and still fit in a golf bag....or maybe there is a better idea all together that I am not thinking of....

Obviously you need Rodney's golf bag from Caddy Shack ;)

How about a mini keg in a soft-sided cooler bag with a picnic tap and a CO2 cartridge device of some kind, all crammed in your golf bag...somehow...

Cheers!

Probably wouldn't be qood for quantity but a couple of stainless growlers would work. Only problem I see is bouncing around in the golf cart would cause a lot of co2 loss when opened

I like the alum or stainless bottle idea. I am in the same boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I like this guys solution.

rodney.jpg

Really big bag and a 2.5 gallon keg should do it

How about PET bottles? 2L for bulk, 20oz for an Imperial pint. If you get a carbonator cap you can carbonate in these bottles as well.

I've started bottling some of my beers in PET bottles due to my apartment pool not allowing glass. Works fine. I feel like dragging around kegs would be more of a hassle. PET weighs next to nothing.

I have one of these and it's my favorite beer toy. I can fill it from a bigger keg using a cobra tap and racking cane, jam it in a little soft sided cooler with a few soft, reusable cooling things you keep in the freezer, and you can go anywhere...

p70.jpg

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/175-GALLON-KEG-INJECTOR-SYSTEM-P3334C44.aspx

Not cheap but nice and light, easy to carry. Tail gates where you're not partying from your own car, last minute to go setup for a last minute invite to a picnic, etc.... love it. This thing is why I try to keep a light lager or some other crossover beer on tap.

You can dispense into empty soda cans too... depending on where you're at. Wink, wink

Why not pick up a junk golf bag from a thrift store, gut it and stick a corny in. If its big enough you could line it with plastic and top the bag off with ice. There are little mini regulators that use paintball gun cartridges. That would eliminate the need for a co2 tank. I think it might work and you'd definitely be everyone's best friend.

You could use a few used 2-liter soda bottles. Just take a few cups with you for the pour. I've use 1 liter bottles in the past with great results.

Back