Going to Denver...what should I do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubbies

Tastes like butterdirt
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, something came up at work and it looks like I am going to be heading to Denver, CO in a couple of days. Obviously, most of the time I am going to be doing work stuff, but the nights are mine to enjoy. The nearest major intersection is I-70 and I-225...anyone know of any good bars/breweries/restaurants/whatever around that area?

cubbies said:
Well, something came up at work and it looks like I am going to be heading to Denver, CO in a couple of days. Obviously, most of the time I am going to be doing work stuff, but the nights are mine to enjoy. The nearest major intersection is I-70 and I-225...anyone know of any good bars/breweries/restaurants/whatever around that area?

Take a look at the Beer Map for Denver/Boulder map

I saw a news article about the Scarlet Ranch awhile back, you could always visit there. Sounds like fun. ;)

Thanks for the tips, and going through the trouble of linking all of those websites. That was very helpful. I am going to have to research Denver's public transportation. There is not much near where I am at, and I am not going to drive if I am going out hitting the bars.

Heh I think Coors is actually up in Golden, CO, right next to the School of Mines, unless there's also one in Denver I don't know about.

I travel to Denver a lot. sounds like you're in the north part of the metro. See if there is a Light Rail station nearby, and you can get into downtown/LowDo really easily and cheaply.

lots of good places to eat, clubs.

There's a brewpub called "Pints" that is downtown, good beer. Also Wyncoop is there, its just 'ok'.

+ 1 on Pints Pub ! Bloody Good Wimpys ( Burgers ) and friggin awesome beer their Alchemist ESB is a personal favorite, not to mention they have the best gourmet whiskey selection I've ever seen. Its right by the art museum and Just south of Civic center park and Lodo - AKA Lower Downtown. Also there is a Belgian/ Trappist Pub near Lodo on Colfax I forget the address though. Pick up a copy of the "Westword " free news paper you'll find lots more to do. Pints Pub is ALWAYS on my list of places to visit when I'm in Denver !

Jens

Back