Going from one keg to two kegs with one CO2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shertz

Reaction score
I just bought the basic kit from Kegconnection for kegging one beer. However, I have another corny keg and would like to upgrade to split two ways. I guess I need a split manifold, 5/16 tubing, 3/16 tubing, and connectors. Would it be easier just to call them and ask for the extra components or should I try to figure it out myself? This stuff is new to me. Thanks.

I bought mine all set up from them, because I was afraid it would be too hard for me to figure it out. I'm glad I did (nice quality, and teflon tape on the fittings which I might have forgotten) but I definitely could have done it myself.

Some things to thing about- separate shut off valves and separate check valves are a must! You can use a WYE fitting, and then add the valves. Some people use a T fitting, but I like having the WYE with the check valves, as to not have beer back up into the regulator and possibly ruining the regulator.

I just checked out this page at kegconnection:
KegConnection.com Product List

It shows a $15 difference between the one tank distributor set up and the two tank set up. If you haven't already bought the single, I'd just spend the $15 and get the double.

They have the check valves already installed (not in the link posted above) and it would just be a matter of hooking it up. If you've already received the regulator, I would do my best to get the set up with the shut offs and the check valves.

Yeah, I already bought the single. I think I'll go with mklawz suggestion and buy the wye splitter and go from there. That way I'll have the shutoff valves for each line.

Back