God I love prickly pear.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivepointslow

Reaction score
So I was inspired a LONG time ago by shiner's prickly pear beer because I am from Texas and I am active duty Army always moving around. I spent 6yrs in Texas after I joined the Army and after that Iv been home sick. We are know to have cactus all over the place and the prickly pear beer screams Texas. I was able to find some Prickly Pear Fruit up here in in mass so I made a Prickly Pear Beer. It turned out AMAZING!!! its like I am home when I drink it. Best part is my wife love it too.

5lbs us 2 row
5lbs white wheat
1oz willamett @60min
.5oz willamette @1min
wlp029 yeast

primary 1 week, puree 2lbs of prickly pear and throw into secondary and let it go at 68 degree for about 6 days. put that **** into a ked and carb..... enjoy.

very clean and clear beer that has a great taste. next time I will go .5oz for 60 min because its a little bitter. I did find a partial recipe on here but cannot locate it not. to the original poster of this recipe thank you very much!!!

That WL029 kolsch yeast is a good one for lager-like balance & that bit of crispness on the back. I simulate lagering in the bottles during a 2 week fridge time for my hybrid lagers. Darn good yeast with that temp range of 65-69F. :mug:

Back