Go Wild on a Tripel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeLindley

Reaction score
I've had a Westmalle/Karmeliet tripel clone in secondary for about a month after one month in primary. I had wanted to go another month in secondary and then bottle it, but I noticed white specks floating in the carboy. I'm thinking about adding another 3/4 to 1 lb of sugar syrup to it and going all in with a Brett B Trois starter I have underway or maybe adding a pack of Wyeast Roeselare blend and turn it into a wild tripel. And then let it sit for another 4 months or so. And then maybe dry hop it. Any comments or suggestions?

What's it taste like? They usually say a bad beer can't be saved by Brett. I've been keeping random mixes of wild dregs strains around lately. All kinds of benefits. You don't waste Platinum strain Brett, you get to drink the bottles of beer to get the dregs, & if it goes wrong you 'knew' that was likely to happen.

I'm going to sample it today. Maybe it's okay. I noticed the white specks fell to the bottom of the carboy when I moved it. Maybe it was coriander seeds.

Back