Go Boys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how many people that had Westbrook in fantasy football are pissed that he sat down at the one, instead of going for six.

I was impressed with Westbrook in this game, he shows good awareness (and I don't care for the Eagles, either).

I hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the Cowboys

Nothing made me happier than to see that f***ing smirked wiped off of Romo's face - and to think his girlfriend showed up to see him throw three INTs.

Well, actually a few more wins this season would make me a happier Eagles fan - but grinding out a win in TX is always a good thing.

E-A-G-L-E-S

Flyin' Lion said:
I wonder how many people that had Westbrook in fantasy football are pissed that he sat down at the one, instead of going for six.

I was impressed with Westbrook in this game, he shows good awareness (and I don't care for the Eagles, either).

That was quite impressive. A few of the NFL "me, me me" selfish primadonnas should take some lessons from Mr. Westbrook. He put the "team" before the "self" and ensured the Cowboys would never get the ball back. That was even better than going up by 2 scores because it meant no kickoff/quick score/onside kick.

Thank you Eagles. Go Skins (in 2 weeks).

mummasan said:
I hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the CowboysI hate the Cowboys.

Agreed. One of the worst things about living in Texas is listening to all the band wagon fans here.

I grew up in Texas and was a Dallas/Staubach fan, moved to Philly and was still a Dallas fan, but started liking the Eagles. Moved to Dallas in 1990 and enjoyed the Aikman/Smith years. Never really liked Jerry Jones because of the way Landry was fired.

Been living back in the Philly area for many years now, and I have been one of those oddball Eagles fans that also likes Dallas (except recently now that T.O. plays there).

This has been a tough season to be an Eagles fan, but I enjoyed the win over Dallas yesterday. Best part-TO neutralized or just dropping passes..

Dude said:
That was quite impressive. A few of the NFL "me, me me" selfish primadonnas should take some lessons from Mr. Westbrook. He put the "team" before the "self" and ensured the Cowboys would never get the ball back. That was even better than going up by 2 scores because it meant no kickoff/quick score/onside kick.

Thank you Eagles. Go Skins (in 2 weeks).

And that's coming from a guy that's got Westbrook on his FFB team.
BTW, I agree completely. We were at a Packer party yesterday and most of us stuck around to watch the Dallas game. We all agreed how unselfish, and smart, that play was.

Romo was SOOOOO off yesterday. The loss falls squarely on his shoulders IMO. I know he can't have a great game every Sunday, but then again, he can't have any more days like that if they expect to make it past the 1st round of the playoffs. Hopefully the loss will wake them from their daydream of thinking they can wait until the end of the game to start playing.

It was a disappointing game. The Eagles just played better football and deserved the win.

I'm not happy about it but that's the way things go.

Lil' Sparky said:
Romo was SOOOOO off yesterday. The loss falls squarely on his shoulders IMO. I know he can't have a great game every Sunday, but then again, he can't have any more days like that if they expect to make it past the 1st round of the playoffs. Hopefully the loss will wake them from their daydream of thinking they can wait until the end of the game to start playing.

He was distracted by his GF's giant sweater puppies. I know I was. :rockin:

Well, with Romo's thumb sprain, you've gotta wonder how they'll elect to finish out the season. I'm guessing they'll ****** it up and play soft. Ah, should be a great game up in Landover...oh hell yeah.

I don't think so. If they know what's good for them, they'll play lights out for the last two games and gain some momentum for the playoffs.

Dude said:

Everyone's giving Westbrook props, which they should (it was a great play), but did Andy Reid happen to tell his guys ahead of time, "Remember, if you break free, just go down, don't score!". Was that all Westbrook, or was that good coaching, too?

You Boy's fans have been real tolerant in this thread.

Unlike this fan... I'm sure there was some pouting going on afterwards.

cb.jpg

the_bird said:
Everyone's giving Westbrook props, which they should (it was a great play), but did Andy Reid happen to tell his guys ahead of time, "Remember, if you break free, just go down, don't score!". Was that all Westbrook, or was that good coaching, too?

If it was, Reid is being pretty humble about it...

"It was brilliant," Philadelphia coach Andy Reid said. "He used that Villanova education and transferred it to the football field."

the_bird said:

Reid looked pretty surprised. The announcers went so far as to read his look as "OK, nice move... but I'd have been just as happy with the points".

OK, double-props to Westbrook. That's knowing the situation!

(Westbrook ain't gonna be a free agent, is he? Pats could use another running back... :D)

Westbrook said in a philly postgame interview that John Runyan told him in the huttle to take a dive. Either way, a good heads up on all accounts. Too little too late for my birds, but I will take a win over Dallas when I can get it! Westbrook is not a free agent this year, and since he is the entire offense, I dont think the Eagles would be willing to let him go if he was. THey have gotten away with underpaying him for years now, they will have plenty of cap room to make him happy when his contract is up. I guess Im rooting for the pack now........

Cauldron7 said:
I dont think the Eagles would be willing to let him go if he was. THey have gotten away with underpaying him for years now, they will have plenty of cap room to make him happy when his contract is up.

Thus assuring Fantasy football poison.

Although if the eagles let Mcnabb go, he will be wasted talent in Philly, I would take what i can get for him at that point....

Cauldron7 said:
Although if the eagles let Mcnabb go, he will be wasted talent in Philly, I would take what i can get for him at that point....
\

They really gonna let McNabb go? I mean, I'll take Feeley as my backup any day of the week, and he ALMOST beat the Pats... but McNabb's still one of the better QBs in the league, when he can stay healthy. I guess that's the question....

the_bird said:

I'm not convinced that Andy Reid is that smart................

Its the never ending argument in Philly right now. Last year the Eagles drafted Kevin Kolb with their first pick to take over for Mcnabb in the future. While Mcnabb is less than a season off a torn ACL and cant be expected to play like the past few years, he is getting older and hasnt played a full season in 4 years. The rest of the team is (other than westbrook, a few linebackers, and a couple second rate wide receivers) either too you and unproven, or getting to old to keep up with the game. So the franchise is on the verge of totally rebuilding. Feely will never be the number 1 guy.

So the quesiton is, do you throw the kid in at quarterback, rebuild the team, and get what you can for Mcnabb while he still has some value, or do you let him learn from Mcnabb for another year and strouggle though another 500 season at best.

My bet is on mcnabb staying, reid loves hime, and the city loves him if he is winning and not crying like a little girl about how he was bood on draft day 9 years ago. I am ready to move on myself, we are delaying the inevitable 2 or 3 painfiul years of rebuilding. lets just get it overwith.

Hey, this thread is supposed to be about how the Cowboys rock, and you guys are polluting it with all this talk about the Eagles. It's heresy to talk about the Eagles and the Cowboys in the same thread. Go start your own "Eagles suck" thread! ;)

Lil' Sparky said:
Hey, this thread is supposed to be about how the Cowboys rock, and you guys are polluting it with all this talk about the Eagles. It's heresy to talk about the Eagles and the Cowboys in the same thread. Go start your own "Eagles suck" thread! ;)

Little Bitter this monday???:)

Just Bustin stones.... The coboys have played almost lights out this year. Ill tip my hat to a good season in Texas, even if doing so makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Lil' Sparky said:

Check out the Favre and Patriot threads - haters love busting in :eek:.

Needless to say, I'm rooting for Washington & Carolina in the coming weeks. You guys need to visit Lambeau in January. :D

Evan! said:
should be a great game up in Landover...oh hell yeah.

+1......although it was great that the Eagles and the Skins beat the two higher ranked division teams, the Skins I think barely won....but then again, the weather was crappy. Either way, I was happy, the Cowboys lost, and the Skins won.

Alright, well it's not looking so good lately for the Boys. Hopefully they can use the next week to figure out what they gotta do to get the offense back and stop people from running all over them down the middle.

Maybe this is psychological warfare and they're luring their opponents into a false sense of security. Yeah, that's it.

But seriously, losing to the Eagles AND the 'Skins! That's actually physically painful to us fans........

Neomich said:
But seriously, losing to the Eagles AND the 'Skins! That's actually physically painful to us fans........

but the the boys' fans are the only ones in the league who care, I can see it now:

Colts vs. Pats and Skins vs. Cowboys....it's gonna be a great playoff season!

Lil' Sparky said:
It just doesn't make any sense. It's like me saying I hate the Colts (or Pats, Packers, etc.) because they're a good team with a great QB.
How could someone hate the Packers? :confused:

Man, I spent all freakin' day at FedEx. Club level seats. AWE. SOME. What a great game...1 whole rushing yard...Romo had like 78 passing yards in 2.5 quarters. Teh suxxorz! And to anyone who is still repeating the "they had nothing to play for and the game didn't matter" mantra...just take a look at how long they played a lot of their starters, Romo and the backs included. If it didn't matter and they really had nothing to play for...then Romo wouldn't have been on the field. They were playing for the most wins by the cowboys ever. They were playing to beat their most hated rival. They were playing to get back on track after looking terrible for the past 3 weeks. They achieved none of those things. The Skins, meanwhile, are the hottest team in the NFC...and we'll just see what the 'real' Dallass looks like in a couple weeks.

Evan! said:
Man, I spent all freakin' day at FedEx. Club level seats. AWE. SOME. What a great game...1 whole rushing yard...Romo had like 78 passing yards in 2.5 quarters. Teh suxxorz! And to anyone who is still repeating the "they had nothing to play for and the game didn't matter" mantra...just take a look at how long they played a lot of their starters, Romo and the backs included. If it didn't matter and they really had nothing to play for...then Romo wouldn't have been on the field. They were playing for the most wins by the cowboys ever. They were playing to beat their most hated rival. They were playing to get back on track after looking terrible for the past 3 weeks. They achieved none of those things. The Skins, meanwhile, are the hottest team in the NFC...and we'll just see what the 'real' Dallass looks like in a couple weeks.

AMEN! We were banging shots for TD's FG's and INT's all game....I was kinda toasty :D

Having been a Packer fan for some forty years, I'll have to pass on pulling for the Cowboys to get past the NFC championship game. But if it's any consolation, I do hope if the Packers make it to the Superbowl it's the 'boys they beat to get there. :)

Rick

Latest posts

Back