Glycol heat exchanger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phischy

Reaction score
I'm interested in building a glycol system to cool my fermentation chambers. A reservoir in the big cooler and them pump it through a wall to a radiator/heat exchanger with fans to push the air through it.

I think I've seen some builds using this, but any advice on parts sources for the exchanger would be appreciated.

Can get expensive quick, pumps fans coil etc. consider a used window a/c. Many others have modded at minimal cost. A decent glycol pump will likely start at $150. that could get you and a/c, temp controller, and your next recipe.

I already have all that to cool my coldroom. Trying to piggyback off the coldroom to cool my fermentation chambers. At this point $150 is a drop in the bucket. I've been all in for too long on this project.

Thinking about your project, i stumbled across a youtube video where a guy made "air conditioning" from a table fan. This idea may apply to what you are trying to do. Check this out when you get a chance. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NuvzWaBulw[/ame] . If you had say a 5 gal cold tank and loop glycol.....

Back