Glassware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chupidacabra

Reaction score
I'm sure there are a lot of these posts but I didn't see any. Where does everyone usually go for beer glasses and what's your favorite?

I always use my regular everyday glasses from Walmart. They look like a version of a pilsner glass. Though I do break out fancy stuff every once in a while. Fancy consists of pint glasses that I get from various brewery tours and tastings. Sometimes I use SWMBO's stemless wine glasses when I feel really exotic.
I have been looking for some short brandy snifters for tastings but haven't sourced any that I like so far.

I'm at Walmart glasses too. Looking for something a little more dedicated? I guess. Haha

I just stopped by Walmart and found a 1L mug for $2.80. I also have a craft beer glass set from Libbey, and I use the pub glass the most often. Found it at Ross for like $10 I think. And I found a tulip shaped beer glass at BevMo's for like $7 and if I remember right, its about 15.5oz.
I'm pretty snobby about not drinking from the improper glass or, gasp, the bottle lol.

ForumRunner_20131011_012848.jpg

I have over 100 glasses from various breweries. It helps that two of our local bars have "steal the glass" night where they feature a micro brew and have the matching glass you can take home. I'm actually at the point I am out of glassware space. Biggest issue with all the nice glasses, is having to hand wash them. (I have found some do the dishwasher well, and others loose the cool graphics so I don't risk it anymore). I actually don't mind when my "walmart" glasses get dropped, but drop my micro brew glass and your cut off! :mad:

And my favorite are prob my Duvel artist ones or my Delerium with the cute pink elephants! Love the shape of them vs a normal pint.

I have many different glasses from all over but usually I drink from one of two glasses. My Tallgrass Brewing tulip or my Funkwerks Tulip.

I actually moved my regular drinking glasses out and started using all of the pint glasses "stolen" from various bars. So they're all basic for the most part with a few fancy ones from "pint night" and such.

I've actually only been reading about which beers go with which glass, just for kicks.

Current beer glass collection:
  • 0.25l glasses from a German brewery - for tasting and sharing
  • Pilsner flutes
  • Sam Adams glasses - they work great for many styles
  • Goblet from the local malt house
  • bar glasses - you know, those cocktail shakers
  • Solo Cups - No collection is complete without some
  • Scotch tumblers - man does not live by beer alone

And the ultimate beer infographic with suggested glasses. About $25 at various places.

If you are looking for non branded glasses take a trip to crate and barrel - you will find a glass for every style there for around $2-5

I have a massive collection of pint glasses from different breweries, brew supply places, events, etc. I also have some dimpled "pub mugs" from Cheers in Boston.. those are my favorites to drink from... and that is what I will be purchasing for my home pub, all customized and whatnot.. :)

I have two different types of glasses from Dollar Tree,the Stella Artoise chalice that was free,one Cooper's no-knick left,& the Libby's 6 different glasses set from Aldi's for $12.99. love to get three more of the sets from Aldi's. I have a shaker glass & taster size my son brought me from Thirsty Dog over in Akron.

Hard to choose just 1...

1. My tulip etched for nucleation that I bought from a bottle shop.

2. My 24 oz engraved stein from Pottery Barn. Big enough to fit a bomber.

3. My nonic pint glass from BevMo.

I hardly use my snifters since I like to age my barleywines, old ales, and big imperial stouts, so yeah they don't get much use.

I have quite a collection of brewery glasses. When I go on vacation I like to go to at lest one brewery and I tend to pick up a glass, usually a goblet since those are my favorites. Also the way tastings are done at breweries here in Georgia you get a beer glass each time you go so I have a lot of those. Then there is local craft beer store where I get my hefe glass (weihenstephaner), got a Arsenal Tulip glass for Christmas a few years back, and SWMBO got me a custome snifter/goblet for my birthday this year.

I try to rotate my glasses around and give them all the love they deserve. I think I am going to end up getting a big display case to start putting them in.

Haven't tried the tulip shaped Spiegelau.

If size isn't a consideration ( I drink larger portions in summertime ), my favorites in order of ones I have tried:

1.) Tall pilsner glass. Shaped like a tall thin flower vase. The wide opening allows the nose in. The tallness allows very accurate control of pour speed.

2.) Sam adams glass. These are cheap @ $2.50 very light and delicate glass.Comfortable.

3.) Pint glass. Tough to break, good insulation. Good nose.

4.) Mug. Ideal would be double wall vacuum sealed glass with lid.

I forgot to mention my two glass steins from Germany. They have a Bavarian crest on the side in pewter (we're from Upper Bavaria),with pewter lids with hop bines running around them.

I have a lot of glassware, from tulips to nonics. From snifters to can shaped pint glasses. I love glass and when I started drinking beer I was instantly drawn to all the cool glassware out there.

Latest posts

Back