Glad to be back from my suspention

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adanac58

Reaction score
Some fart nocker reported me for being underage because I am not 21 , little did he know I live in Canada where the drinking age is 19 . I got suspended for 2 years . So I went to the chat room and told the people on there about it . Someone told one of the moderators I guess and got my suspension lifted . Awesome ! I wish I knew A name so you could vet some credit ... Anyways glad to be back people the suspension kinda ticked me off but o well :) lol , got some cider brewing and stout bottle conditioning now . Pater

I love Canada. I grew up in Massachusetts, so as soon as we all turned 18 were hopping the border every other weekend. Don't take it personal man, some people just have way too much time on their hands.

Welcome back. Cheers for having a good attitude about it. You can't take anything personally on the interweb.

I started brewing when I was 17 (in California), my father was a homebrewer and he knew if I respected the art of brewing I would be unlikely to abuse alcohol. He poured me my first (mini) pint of warm (by American standards) bitter when I was four and we were living in England. At the time I thought it was absolutely disgusting, and if it hadn't been for homebrewing I likely never would have touched beer again.

Here in the US you can ship off to Iraq and kill people for oil, or kill yourself with tobacco at 18, but you cannot legally enjoy a nice warm pint of English bitter even if you brew it yourself. IMHO laws are meant for breaking, providing you don't infringe on another's liberty. However, as this site is based in the US we must protect the purveyor of this fine community and maintain at least the semblance of legal compliance. While I applaud the gentleman who initially reported you, as I'm happy to hear the community is active in protecting itself, I'm glad your matter was sorted and you're back to contribute.

Back