Glad I'm not single

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orpheus said:
So you'd feign interest, then?:D

I have a lot of important things to think about. Those things give me ample opportunity to feign interest as I think about other things that matter to me and, frankly, her jabbering causes minimal disruption. So yeah... no skin off my nose. I'm already paying for dinner and I'm thinking about things that are important to me. And I've got to eat anyway, don't I? So let her make herself light-headed with her gibberish as I contemplate more important thoughts. What do I care?

What a sad ending....I've learned the hard to way to carefully monitor her alcohol consumption for that very reason....unfortunately women have different tolerance levels.

Hemi said:
What a sad ending....I've learned the hard to way to carefully monitor her alcohol consumption for that very reason....unfortunately women have different tolerance levels.

I always "share" the last beer or two of the night. You know... order a beer with two straws... ;)

That way she doesn't feel compelled to drink as much or finish something off if she really isn't in the mood... She doesn't need to "keep up" with me- we finish at the same time- and she can be "generous" by letting me have more than my share. It's worked like a charm on each of my last 4 swmbo's (dating, not married). :mug:

Damn Squirrels said:
I always "share" the last beer or two of the night. You know... order a beer with two straws... ;)

Aww, thats so romantic ;). My favorite trick is to order jager shots...well one jagermeister for her one shot of coke for me. Keeps me from getting too ****ed up and able to be coherent enough to keep her from being a sloppy drunk and to drive us home safely. I learned that little trick from multiple stripper friends who when guys would buy them drinks would order "lite". Almost feel sorry for guys who have to pay for that $7.00 shot of cola especially if they are buying a round for 4-5 of 'em :D

98EXL said:
that was great....and dating around is such a PITA

For some reason I don't miss being in a relationship....not sure if it was the constant nagging or having to submit....but I'm pretty ****in it was one of the two

Haha, for some reason I'm one of the guys that a lot of girls like "as a friend" but see no romantic potential in. So yeah, feigning interest has become an important skill ;).

Back