Getting my brew on again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

send

Reaction score
Hello

I haven’t brewed a batch in almost 10 years due to moving, equipment issues, brewing space and life in general. I’m emptying a storage unit that has all the gear to get back into it and came across some Cornelius kegs that are full of cider. I didn’t make the cider. It came with the kegs from a friend. The batch is from 2002. The kegs are still holding pressure and the aroma smells like hard cider. Once I get everything setup I’ll pull some off and try it if it looks ok. I’m not familiar with cider. Does long term storage in a corny have a down side??
Thanks

Hello

I haven’t brewed a batch in almost 10 years due to moving, equipment issues, brewing space and life in general. I’m emptying a storage unit that has all the gear to get back into it and came across some Cornelius kegs that are full of cider. I didn’t make the cider. It came with the kegs from a friend. The batch is from 2002. The kegs are still holding pressure and the aroma smells like hard cider. Once I get everything setup I’ll pull some off and try it if it looks ok. I’m not familiar with cider. Does long term storage in a corny have a down side??
Thanks

As long as there is pressure and the kegs didn't get too warm it should be ok to drink.

Back