Getting Better Bottle back to shape

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottywags

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to get my better bottle back into normal shape?

IMG_6233.jpg

No clue really.
Maybe fill it with some warm water ~120-140F and it will spring back after a while? To help it a bit, try carefully to apply some pressure to it with a bicycle pump while the warm water is softening it.

For the future, prevent it from happening by not storing it with a bung in it. Just wrap a piece of plastic foil around the top, so it can breathe, yet it remains clean/sanitized. Even putting a rubber band around the plastic wrap, to keep in place, may cause it to suck a vacuum, which is what happened here.

On the other side, I wouldn't sweat it, this shape will not negatively influence its function, except you lost a quart or 2 of volume. Over time it may settle back to its old self.

Why are my pictures uploading and showing sideways?

I think the sideways pictures have something to do with the origin of the photo (phones being the most notorious) and the embedded tags.

You could rotate the pic until it has the correct orientation, then re-save it. Or rotate with imaging software, preferably using "lossless jpg rotation." Then edit your original post and replace the pic with your corrected one.

This has been a longstanding pet peeve, but I've gotten used to it.

Back