General advice on keezer building

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
Instead of asking a ton of questions, does anyone have a link they recommend for building a keezer. I've already put a collar on a 7sq chest freezer and have the holes drilled.

Where I'm at now is understanding exactly how to get the guts put together, and to get the corny kegs I have working.

Instead of asking a ton of questions, does anyone have a link they recommend for building a keezer. I've already put a collar on a 7sq chest freezer and have the holes drilled.

Where I'm at now is understanding exactly how to get the guts put together, and to get the corny kegs I have working.

It is the same concept as a kegerator, only a freezer is used with a temp control.

Simply attach your faucets to the collar, run your beer lines from the "out" post of your keg to your faucet and a CO2 line from your tank regulator to the "in" post of your keg. Adjust your CO2 level accordingly and enjoy a tasty brew.

Also, check the sticky at the top of this forum for helpful kegging info.

I spent a ton of time reading and looking at pics and I'm almost convinced that unless someone that has done it before helps you out, you're just prone to a rebuild somewhere down the line.

I set mine up for 4 kegs and the CO2 tank and regulator to sit on the hump. Almost a year later I'm now looking at making a taller collar so I can fit the tank in between all 4 kegs and mounting the regulator on the collar. It will give me room to expand to six if I decide to but mainly it cleans things up a bit and gives me a little more breathing room in there.

It also means I get to replace my existing faucets with Perlicks.....something I would advise anyone building to do the first time around.

Back