G'Day Home Brewing Brethren

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XGen

Reaction score
Oi Mates, Ausie brewer here checking in.

Just wanted to say hello and tell you a bit about myself. My name is XGen (pronounced Christian), I'm an American living here in Australia and am getting back into brewing after a bit of a hiatus. I have lived in Oz for about 3.5 years and had to give up on brewing once I left the states. Turns out I'll be here for quite a while and just can't shake the addiction(of brewing, not alcohol).

I have been a home brewer for about 15 years back in Merica, I'm 34 now. Just getting set up here in Oz. I'm getting a good collection of gear so I can fire up the kettle hopefully sooner than later. I find building the setup is half the fun of the brew but the anticipation is killing me. A few more pieces and I'll be ready to go, hopefully in about 2 weeks. I'm starting out with a gas setup but eventually moving to all electric due to space and cost.

I am a professional artisan bread baker, so I deal with fermentation everyday. I actually became a baker because of brewing. In the past I have incorporated some of my beers and spent grains into my breads and look forward to doing it again.

Cant't wait to fire up my first batch! Cheers!:mug:

You'll find a lot of brethren here with spent grain bread baking. And of course brewing. We have a bread baking forum further down the list as well as equipment & everything in between.

Latest posts

Back