G'day from guess where.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pith

Reaction score
Hi, and yes I am an Australian. I've never brewed before.

Not much into beer, and most of my wine experience has been limited to the "big" wines that Australia apparently makes, which has given me a rather limited and slightly negative opinion about wines.

I'm looking to ferment some cordial I made by steeping grapefruit rind/pith in boiling water and adding a buttload of sugar and ending up with a concoction tasting a bit like grapefruit marmalade, far too bitter for consumption in its current state. The problem is, I only have 750 ml of it (1.6 pints I think, and contained in a 1.25 litre "pop" bottle), and most of the brewing recipes I find want me to have gallons of the must/wort/base stuff.

Is there a place here I can go to talk about citrus wines? Is there any hope of brewing such a small amount of stuff?

Regards,

Pith.

Welcome! I'm going to suggest you take a look around the Wine and Mead forums to see if others have tried cordials as well. I've dabbled, but not enough to give you any "expert" help. Hope to see you around the Mead forum!

I'm really trying to develop a liking for beer, so I can enjoy the fruits of a true science.

I've generally disdained the beers I HAVE tried, from the cheap crap I get at parties to the overwhelming Belgians my dad let me try. I'm currently drinking one of those Pure Blonde lagers and it MIGHT be slowly growing on me. Still wouldn't be my choice of drink as yet, but I'll keep trying. Does anyone have any tips on becoming a beer drinker other than the old teenage-peer-pressure thing?

And thanks, I'm posting my grand experiment in the wine forum now. :)

Back