Nukatap: New tap from KegLand. Replacement for Intertap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanMC

Double Curl Brewing
Reaction score
Hi all,

KegLand just came out with a new tap called the Nukatap (https://www.kegland.com.au/nukatap-ss-tap-only-stainless-steel.html). It's main marketing points seem to be:
- First Pour Foam Reduction in Thermal Mass
- Improved Laminar Flow
- Most Sanitary Forward Sealing Design Design
- Longer Life Seals
- Move Versatile Tap Handle Angle

The shuttle seal is a one-piece injection molded plastic piece, rather than steel/o-rings. Otherwise, it seems to be very similar to the Intertaps. Is this a replacement for them? They seem to be able to use the entire Intertap screw-in accessory line.

I haven't seen anyone else talking about these on here yet, or any reviews elsewhere online. They look promising, and I'd love to get my hands on one, once one of KegLand's US resellers starts carrying them. I assume Williams Brewing/MoreBeer will start offering them soon enough.

On another note, is anyone else extremely impressed by the surprisingly bold products that KegLand offers? Are they making these things themselves? I don't live in Australia, and I have to admit that my exposure to them has been pretty limited until now, but it seems like these guys are not just the average "sell basic third-party products, plus a few rebranded/collaboration items" kind of homebrew store. There seems to be some serious engineering going on here, and some of their stuff are honestly very deep cuts, like their whole EVAbarrier/Duotight tubing system. I mean, who invents a new tubing system?

I'm pretty interested in what KegLand is doing as well. They seem pretty innovative. I recently got the Fermzilla and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I haven't seen anything on when the Nuka taps will be available in the US yet unfortunately. I'm in the market for a new tap, so I'm probably going to get the Intertap and then I can always swap out the faucet if I do upgrade knowing that all of the accessories are interchangeable.

I've been very impressed by them so far. They seem to have very good products at great prices. The EVAbarrier tubing is pretty comparable to the traditional beer line, price-wise, and it's significantly better. It's to the point where it doesn't make any sense to use any other line.

I use my Digiboil and I think it's terrific for the price. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of other systems, but it's like $150 for the basic kettle. A bargain if you're looking for 5 gallon e-BIAB.

I haven't heard of these taps, but I'll definitely keep my eye on them and see what the pricing is when/if Morebeer or Williams get them.

I've been digging their stuff too. I have their EVABarrier tubing for both liquid and gas in my kegerator and I love it. I also have their flow control ball lock QDs and they are nice, one you account for additional restriction in flow.

I've been digging their stuff too. I have their EVABarrier tubing for both liquid and gas in my kegerator and I love it. I also have their flow control ball lock QDs and they are nice, one you account for additional restriction in flow.
I'm interested in their flow control ball lock QD, so I appreciate your experience with this so far. I assume the 5mm EVAbarrier is the way to go, given the extra restriction even when the flow control is fully open?

Thanks!

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see them here in the U.S. due to the Ventmatic patent. Ventmatic is actively working with Keg King on there taps (Ultratap) and due to the ongoing legal issues between KegKing and KegLand down under, the patent license may not be extended to this design. Unless they've found a way around the patent. Purely conjecture on my part.

I also like a lot of the products KegLand has put out. My next purchase may be a their spunding valve setup. I've already purchased their mini secondary regulator and pH meter, but haven't used either of them yet.

I'm interested in their flow control ball lock QD, so I appreciate your experience with this so far. I assume the 5mm EVAbarrier is the way to go, given the extra restriction even when the flow control is fully open?

Thanks!
Actually I am using 4mm, but my lines are only about 3 feet and it takes about 15 seconds to pour a pint. If you wanted faster pours, I would try the 5mm, which I use on my gas lines.

Actually I am using 4mm, but my lines are only about 3 feet and it takes about 15 seconds to pour a pint. If you wanted faster pours, I would try the 5mm, which I use on my gas lines.
Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback!

Just read through the comments and KegLand stated that they should be available in the U.S. in a few months. I guess we'll see since I may be in the market for some taps at that time.

Just read through the comments and KegLand stated that they should be available in the U.S. in a few months. I guess we'll see since I may be in the market for some taps at that time.
Awesome! May I ask where you found this comment from KegLand?

Awesome! May I ask where you found this comment from KegLand?

Well, it's a response to a question in the comments from a week ago or so. But attached is a screenshot.

Annotation 2020-02-19 140757.jpg

Also, the question is asked a couple of times and responded to by KegLand.

Edited to add: I should clarify that it was in the YouTube comments.

.....On another note, is anyone else extremely impressed by the surprisingly bold products that KegLand offers? Are they making these things themselves? I don't live in Australia, and I have to admit that my exposure to them has been pretty limited until now, but it seems like these guys are not just the average "sell basic third-party products, plus a few rebranded/collaboration items" kind of homebrew store. There seems to be some serious engineering going on here, and some of their stuff are honestly very deep cuts, like their whole EVAbarrier/Duotight tubing system. I mean, who invents a new tubing system?

I am. I have the Intertaps. Liked them, but the EVA/Duofit stuff is what really won me over with them. I've become a huge fan of the company.

Back