Gauge on Regulator for Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgarry

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Had a leak in one of my kegs and ended up going through c02 very quickly. Anyway, I brought c02 tank into welding store and he told me that I should never use the gauge on the regulator. He said as long as their is liquid in the tank it will read as full. I have watched the gauge go down and have found it to be fairly accurate. Is this guy correct?

rgarry said:
Had a leak in one of my kegs and ended up going through c02 very quickly. Anyway, I brought c02 tank into welding store and he told me that I should never use the gauge on the regulator. He said as long as their is liquid in the tank it will read as full. I have watched the gauge go down and have found it to be fairly accurate. Is this guy correct?

Yes. The pressure gauge on the regulator only reads the pressure in the vapor space. This depends only on temperature until the tank gets low. At that point almost all of the CO2 vaporizes and then the pressure will fall as more and more is used.

Latest posts

Back