Gas / Beer line connectors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80/-

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've managed to get my hands on three ball lock corny kegs and ebay will hopefully soon deliver me a CO2 regulator.

I'm about to order up my gas and beer lines and quick disconnects for the kegs and I need the considered opinion of the board.

Should I go for barb fittings on the gas/beer disconnects or go for the John Guest push fit fittings? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each ?

Cheers !

80/-

Anyone got any opinion? Surely some of you guys must already have a kegging set up - if so any advice?

What would you do different if you did it again ?

Cheers !

80/-

Well, I'm a bit curious too, since I just got 2 corny's with barbed fittings. I'm waiting for a regulator right now.

I would assume that with screw fittings the lines would be easier to clean since you can just unscrew the lines.

I've been having trouble getting some of the pages to load etc today, so maybe that's why people are slow to reply.

I've got a combination of both. Doesn't really matter. As long as you use screw down clamps on your barbed connectors, it is just about as easy to remove as the screw type. I suppose an argument could be made that each time you remove the hose from the barbs, you ream it out some more.

Get these,

barbed-swivel-nuts.jpg

and then the threaded fitting

ball-disconnects.jpg

to go with them. easily interchangeable if you need the disconnect for a jumper or traveling keg.

I bought two cornys but only 2 fittings, which were barbed. I'll buy another two fitting that are screw type and those connectors. I wonder if the local beverage supply guy will trade me screw fitting for the two barbed ones I have?

Latest posts

Back