Garden almost ready, now what to put in it....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flapjacks

Reaction score
Hey, y'all! My name's Dan, and I'm a noob! While I'm no stranger to beer, I'm starting from square one in this whole crazy world of home brewing. My plan is to get some hops in the ground and get them going so that I can spend the next couple/few years developing recipes and such, until they start producing.

As the subject line says, I've got my garden/plot pretty much ready to go, save for a bit more soil prep. The only thing I need to figure out is what to put in it. I generally lean, depending on the season, towards Pale Ales, Belgians, IPAs, Stouts, and Wheats; but I'm fairly broad-spectrum. In short, I'm looking for hop varieties that are also fairly universal, if there is such a thing. I don't have a ton of room for many more than three varieties, so what I'm thinking is Cascade, Chinook, and Willamette. Also, for what it's worth, I live in Denver metro, if that has any bearing on viability.

Thanks for all your help, in advance!

Cheers,
Flapjacks :mug:

I guess we have to wait another few days. I was going to plant 2 hops last Monday but the snow we got had to postponed. Weather in Colorado is crazy

I looked through a bunch or recipes that I would like to brew. Came up with a general cross section of hops that they used and decided on a few varieties to start with. Happy growing!

Latest posts

Back