Garage Floor IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopdawg

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch today completely in the garage. Nice feeling. No washing equipment in the bath tub, no sticky floor (that part's not entirely true I still had a sticky floor just it was in the garage).
I brewed an IPA, a recipe from the site here that I've tinkered with to a lower gravity. Here's the grain bill:
11# Pale Malt
1# Munich
0.5# Honey Malt
0.5# Crystal 80
Centennial, Amarillo, Cascade every ten minutes from boil to flame out. Will also dry hop it. I was going to name it Ogopogo IPA but had to change it at the last minute. I had an incident. There's always something. I see why guys eventually go to a three tier system.
I had my mash tun on the bench draining into my bottling bucket. I started fly sparging grabbed my coffee and wondered around the back yard, talked to the neighbour for 20 minutes then came back to check on things. I had left the spigot on the bucket open and my beautiful rich sweet wort was pooling on the garage floor. I probably lost 2 liters of the first runnings, THE HORROR!! My OG was a little low so I propped it up with some DME to get me back up to 1.056.

So I've re-named it Garage Floor IPA.

I took a picture this morning before I started and there you can see the open spigot on floor in front of the freezer.

brewsetup.jpg

just to add a comment to this 2 year old thread.... just bought this recipe kit from hop dawgs and did it yesterday night... will see how it turns out

Back